iOS 11 is bringing some solid updates to iPhone and iPad, and if you want the latest, you’ll want to download it now. Here’s how to do it!
- How to install iOS 11.0.3 using Software Update on your iPhone or iPad
- How to install iOS 11.0.3 using iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC
- How to install iOS 11.0.3 over the developer or public beta
- What’s new in iOS
What’s new in iOS 11
iOS 11 is a fairly subtle update, bringing some slight design changes, including a customizable Control Center, more 3D Touch integration, and Notification Center and the Lock screen are now one.
Siri’s voice is also getting an update to sound more natural, and it now learns preferences and sync your information across devices so that it can learn your habits in order to preemptively get a sense of what you want (not creepy at all).
The Files app is the bigger update here, allowing you to organize and view all manner of documents, with the ability to even save many of them right to your iPhone or iPad. This is especially handy for iPad Pro users. iPad and iPhone users will also see a new Drag and Drop feature, where you’ll be able to drag content from one app to another.
Notes is getting some workflow updates, like the ability to search handwriting and some document scanning abilities, while Maps is getting some new tricks, like lane guidance. If you’re hoping for a grandiose overhaul, you’re not getting it with iOS 11, but there are still some handy changes that come with this latest operating system.
How to install iOS 11.0.3 using Software Update on your iPhone or iPad
The easiest way for most people to download iOS 11.0.2 is over-the-air, directly on their device. It’s fast, it’s efficient, and it’s simple to do.
- Make sure you have a recent iCloud backup.
- Launch Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- Tap on Download and Install.
- Enter your Passcode, if prompted.
- Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Tap Agree again to confirm.
The download will begin automatically. If the download does not begin right away, you may see a notice: “Preparing to download.” Give it a couple of minutes and the download will begin shortly.
How to install iOS 11.0.3 using iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC
If you have limited space on your device or software update isn’t working for whatever reason, you can update using iTunes.
- Make sure you have a recent iTunes backup. Make it encrypted so all your password and other private data is preserved.
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Plug your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in using your USB to Lightning or USB to 30-pin Dock cable.
- Click on the device icon at the top left to go to the device tab.
- Click on Check for Update in the Summary pane.
- Click on Download and Update
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter the Passcode on your iPhone or iPad, if prompted.
How to install iOS 11.0.3 over the developer or public beta
Though the build number isn’t different between Apple’s GM betas and the final version of iOS 11, some users are having trouble installing the final version of watchOS 4 with a beta version of iOS 11.